Monday, July 5, 2010

Mid-Session Check-in Blog

Dear Mrs. Darrow,

I have been thinking about this class so far I have been pleased. I have read chapter’s to some fascinating books, written essays and developed a blog! I have looked forward to the weekly readings. I read The Things They Carried in 1999 and enjoyed it then as I did this time around. Reading The Sand Storm, I realized I don’t want my son to join the Marines. These have been some of the things that I enjoyed so far.

We have submitted two essays so far; the essays have been a challenge for me. I have noticed that my paragraphs were not as focused as I had intended. They tended to stray off the subject. Although, after your comments to help me to relate back to the book or poem, I will use it for future essays. Another challenge for me was the literary analysis; I had used this in another English class. I didn’t use this aspect of writing only once before, like I mentioned. This way of writing is different because you have to dig deeper into the reason behind what is written. I would like to look at things in an analytical way, like you had mentioned, to apply it to my everyday life. Why are they doing that? What is the real intention? I would like to work on this to strengthen this aspect in writing. So, for my second half of this summer semester, my goals are to improve my writing skills as a whole, produce focused paragraphs, and to sharpen my literary analysis skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment